Nn Asta Pycnogenol
ASTA-Pycnogenol® helps: Maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels; Promote even-toned, pigmentation-free skin; Reduce the risk of cataracts. Product of Switzerland.
Approved By : Ministry of Health Malaysia : MAL08111754TC
Out of stock
Nn Asta Pycnogenol
Pycnogenol has been demonstrated in various studies to be one of the most powerful natural antioxidants available. At the University of California, Berkeley, Dr. Lester Packer showed that Pycnogenol is more powerful than Vitamins C and E. The antioxidant activity of Pycnogenol is 1.5 times that of Catechin, 10 times that of Grape Seed, 40 times that of Vitamins E, 350 times that of Vitamin C and 1000 times that of Lipoic Acid. Dr. Packer found that Pycnogenol is so powerful that it recycles oxidised Vitamin C back to a bioactive form and protects Vitamin E from oxidation.
Astaxanthin is a naturally occurring red-coloured carotenoid pigment and commercially produced from the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis. It is a potent and powerful antioxidant that exhibits strong free radical scavenging activity and protects body tissues from oxidative damage. It has more hydroxyl groups and is more potent than other carotenoids(lutein, zeaxanthin and beta carotene).The antioxidant activity of Astaxanthin is 550 times that of Vitamin E and 10 times that of Beta-carotene.
Benefits of Nn Asta Pycnogenol
Pycnogenol is the only researched French maritime pine bark extract from Horphag Research Ltd., Switzerland. ASTA-Pycnogenol helps:
- Maintain healthy blood pressure & cholesterol levels : Prevents “blood thickening” and the constriction of arteries and blood vessels that can increase pressure. Also reduces bad LDL cholesterol & increases good HDL. Promotes stronger blood vessels that are more resistant to ruptures. Collectively, this lowers the risk of cardiovascular problems, heart attacks & strokes.
- Promote even-toned, pigmentation-free skin : Pycnogenol® & Astaxanthin fight free radicals that cause sagging skin, pigmentation, darkening of skin, uneven skin tone and wrinkles. Improved micro-circulation gives skin a healthier glow.
- Reduce the risk of cataracts : Helps to prevent cataracts by inhibiting the Aldose Reductase enzyme that causes them.
- Helps reduce the risk of diabetes -related complications, including diabetic retinopathy
- Protects brain, central nervous system & eyes
- Improves circulation
- Reduces eye strain, eye dryness & blurred vision
- Soothes swollen & painful joints
- Detoxifies the body
- Reduces swelling caused by water retention
- Improves carpal tunnel syndrome (repetitive stress injury) on the wrist
- Improves fertility & vitality in men
- Prevents cancer
- Improves memory & learning abilities
- Improves gastrointestinal function
- Strengthens the immune defenses
- Promotes easier breathing & allergy relief
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does ASTA-Pycnogenol benefit stressed, working people?
In today’s fast paced and challenging world, almost everybody is affected by stress to a certain degree. ASTA-Pycnogenol counteracts the increase in blood pressure caused by stress and helps to prevent the clotting of blood, which may occur in cases of stress and smoking. Working individuals with desk jobs (sitting for long periods) and who travel frequently can benefit significantly from ASTA-Pycnogenol. It helps with swollen feet and reduced circulation caused by inactive life styles. Intake of ASTA-Pycnogenol may increase cognitive function, reduce the risks of stress and prevent consequences of immobility.
- Should pregnant women and small children take ASTA-Pycnogenol ?
As a general precaution, pregnant women and children under the age of 6 should not take ASTA-Pycnogenol because it has not yet been determined safe for these groups. This precaution is generally given even though no adverse effects had been observed in the test groups.
Is ASTA-Pycnogenol helpful for smokers?
ASTA-Pycnogenol gives protection against cardiovascular risks by preventing the clotting of blood platelets caused by smoking. Furthermore it inhibits the nicotine-induced constriction of blood vessels. Both effects together help to reduce the risk of clogged arteries and veins, the primary cause of heart infarction and stroke.
- If I’m taking anticoagulant (blood thinning) drugs (e.g. Warfarin, Coumadin, etc.), can I take ASTA-Pycnogenol?
Yes. In fact ASTA-Pycnogenol only improves blood circulation and prevents blood clot without thinning blood. Pycnogenol has received a U.S patent, proving that it can reduce the incidence of blood clots by preventing aggregation of platelets and consequently improving blood flow.
- If I’m scheduled for a surgery in 2 weeks, can I continue taking ASTA-Pycnogenol?
Yes. ASTA-Pycnogenol does not cause blood thinning. It only helps to improve blood circulation and prevents the formation of blood clots.
How To Use
1-2 capsules daily or as directed by your physician
Weight 0.3 kg Packaging Quantity
Ministry of Health Malaysia : MAL08111754TC
Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (supplying Astaxanthin) 100mg, Cortex Pinus Pinaster Extract (Pycnogenol French Maritime Pine Bark Extract) 50mg, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Anti-caking Agent 9TricalciumOrthophosphate E341 (iii).
Pycnogenol® As A Super Antioxidant